Thursday, November 24, 2016

Former Chelsea man warns United squad about Mourinho

Eden Hazard Andre Schurrle Chelsea

Andre Schurrle has hinted that Jose Mourinho stopped trusting him at Chelsea after he missed some games due to an “infection”.

Mourinho signed Schurrle for the Blues for £18million in June 2013, and the German lasted just one full season at Stamford Bridge.

Schurrle scored eight goals in 30 Premier League appearances, but he made just 15 starts as Mourinho insisted on rotating his squad.

The German helped the club win the Premier League in his second season, but he found playing opportunities even more limited, making just five starts before joining Wolfsburg on loan in January.

Speaking to Bild, the winger, now at Borussia Dortmund, has warned that Mourinho stopped trusting him after he missed a number of games.

“Chelsea was a dream for me,” he said. “But after I was out for a few weeks through an infection, the coach unfortunately did not count on me much more often.

“Mourinho showed me how hard life can be as a footballer. If you had one bad game, you would be out of the team.

“My experience at Chelsea was great, playing __with so many superstars – it was just like I had imagined it.

“Playing for Chelsea was an absolute dream for me, but following my infection, the manager no longer counted on me.”