Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Klopp: ‘I’m a real lucky b***ard to be Liverpool boss’

Jurgen Klopp

Jurgen Klopp has once again used industrial language to describe his delight at managing Liverpool at a boosted Anfield.

The new Main Stand has seen Anfield’s capacity rise to around 54000, and the boosted crowd has witnessed 4-1 and 5-1 wins over Leicester and Hull before Monday night’s goalless draw __with Manchester United.

Speaking to Goal.com on the Facebook page of club sponsors New Balance, Klopp said: “It’s not easy to describe because we all loved the old Anfield if you want.

“When I first came here,  I don’t think they had already started [work] __with the new stand.

“Being here in the moment when the new stand is open, I have said a few times, obviously, I am a real lucky b******. I couldn’t imagine how good it will be.

“The atmosphere is better than before. It depends a little bit on our performance but we are quite confident we can have a few nice atmospheres here over the next few years.

“For me and for the players, it is a big honour working for this club, and it is a big pleasure playing in this stadium where all these fantastic guys have celebrated their performances and games.”