Thursday, September 29, 2016

Walcott, Sanchez and Bellerin in love triangle

Theo Walcott Hector Bellerin Alexis Sanchez

Theo Walcott has credited his own hard work and his partnerships __with Alexis Sanchez and Hector Bellerin for his rejuvenation this season.

The winger has scored five goals in all competitions this season after finally deciding he was fine about being a winger; on Wednesday night both his goals against Basle were set up by Sanchez, playing as a striker.

“That combination between me and Alexis, it’s boding well but it’s obviously still very early into the season, so hopefully we can all stay fit and it’s going to be a good run,” Walcott told the club’s website.

“It’s getting a good sort of partnership there, but it’s not just that, the whole team seems to be clicking.

“Me and Hector Bellerin have got a good relationship on that right-hand side, it’s quite a pacey right-hand side.

“I think the whole team tends to react well and defend well as a unit and clean sheets are going to win games because we’re going to score plenty of goals.

“I think the age I am, the experience I’ve had, the games I’ve had and the amount of goals I’ve scored this season is a different level,.

“I’m working hard, harder than I ever have and I just want to be the best I can. If I can do that it’s going to benefit the team.

“I want to improve every day; going into work and being a better person and a better player as well and that’s just the way I am now.”