Monday, February 27, 2017

Raiola denies ‘dispute’ with Ferguson over Pogba

Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola claims to be ‘stunned’ at Sir Alex Ferguson’s claim that the pair clashed over the French midfielder before he left for Juventus.

Pogba left Manchester United in 2012 after refusing to sign a new contract, __with Ferguson writing in his management book ‘Leading’:

‘I distrusted him from the moment I met him. He became Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent while he was playing for Ajax, and eventually he would end up representing Pogba, who was only 18 years old at the time.

‘We had Paul under a three-year contract, and it had a one-year renewal option which we were eager to sign. But Raiola suddenly appeared on the scene and our first meeting was a fiasco.

‘He and I were like oil and water. From then on, our goose was cooked because Raiola had been able to ingratiate himself __with Paul and his family and the player signed with Juventus.’

But Raiola has now appeared on talkSPORT claiming that their only problem was Ferguson’s refusal to see Pogba’s potential.

“Dispute? No, there was a discussion about what was the value of the player in that moment.

“I think Alex Ferguson had a different view on Paul Pogba to what the rest of the world had and that is his right.

“Paul Pogba proved what his value is and maybe at that time it was the best thing to go away, have a new experience, and being under Antonio Conte for sure was important.

“I didn’t have any dispute with Alex Ferguson. If Alex Ferguson had a dispute with me, I don’t know because at that moment there was not a dispute. I was a little bit stunned by what he said in his book but everyone has an opinion.

“You will not hear any bad words from me about Mr Alex Ferguson.”